Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lyon Hall. 3.3



My first experience at Lyon Hall was shocking, and I will tell you why.


I heard that this is very nice and lovely quiet place, so we went there with my friend to chat, relax, and have a good time. Restaurant was very crowed, but we still got a seat, even though we did not made an reservation. Bar area was seemed somewhat nice. They had great happy hours; very good deals on drinks and food.

We sat in dinning area. Place itself is small and tables are small, too. We got the menu and started to browse food and wine item.




Somebody told me that this is a wine bar, so I was expected nice selection of wines. However, in the Lyon hall this was not the case. There were probably 30/40 bottle of red and the same amount of white wine on the menu, which is ok, but the selection was over priced and not very good.
However, the beer selection was excellent! A lot of good beers. In addition, they serve crafe wine. We ask our server to bring us a taste of 2 whites and they were horrible. Do not get me wrong, there is no such thing as bad wine, it is just compromising on quality in wine industry will bring you to not tasty wine. So, we finally chose the bottle of wine, whatever sommelier recommended, and it was ok.


Then, we order a couple of food items. Anywhere I go I have to try their mussels. It was a red sauce with ham, which I thought not very traditional. I think they were trying to be creative, and instead of chorizo, put ham. NO, NO, NO. I did not like it at all. Mussels’ sauce was not good either, tasteless, badly seasoned, with fatty ham on top.


The second dish was very close to Alsatian style cuisine. I do not remember the name, but it was a hot dog with sauerkraut. Bread was ok, sausage dry for, me, but maybe somebody will like it. If I would know, that this dish is a hot dog with some fancy sausage, I would not order it. It just not my style.
Third dish was Schnitzel. I have never been in Austria, Vienna but tried Schnitzel many times, and know how it supposes to look and taste. This one was not good.
First, Schnitzel is large, thin peace of meet, and served separate on the plate. Second, on other please, you usually get potato salad, and some greens, like spinach. Here, everything was together.
Again, the same chef: tasteless meal. Food itself is very heavy, not for wine, but for beer. To finish part about food, I just want to sum up, that I did not understand what the food theme is.
Menu is very adventured, you recognize many countries specialties there. I did not get the point of creation in some dishes.
As far as interior goes, it looks like a train with long seats and small tables next to it. Also very loud music, the young crowed 22 years old. The color theme is black and silver, not too cozy at all.
Our service was good. She was nice and thoughtful. We did not wait very long for our food. All the items were served hot and fresh.

I will give this restaurant another chance particularly in food. I much rather have a drink there, than a dinner.
Good place for after work happy hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment