Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Central" Michel Richard 4.1


Last Friday I went to Restaurant “Central” in DC for a late lunch. This is not my first visit to this restaurant but all of experiences were on the same level in terms of service, food quality, and a lovely atmosphere.


This restaurant is run by a very famous chef Michel Richard, one of the most well known chefs in DC area, and maybe all of the US. His restaurant ‘Citronelle” always has very good ratings in the Washingtonian and Washington Post. And a couple of years ago “Citronelle” held 1st place among many fine dinning restaurants in the whole DC area. Central is one-step down from Citronelle: prices are more reasonable, the same chef, excellent customer service.

This lunch I went there by myself. I ordered a glass of French Rose. The wine was very good, and refreshing after walking outside in this hot weather.

Every time I go there, I order their cheese puffs. I do not remember the exact price on it, but lees than $10. The portion is big, and their so fresh, soft, and warm right from the oven.

Next, I ordered a burger. Yes, burger! There is no better place, than this to order a perfect burger and fries. This is a gourmet burger: special farmer meat, med-rare temperature, slices a sharp cheddar cheese, and couple of slices of smoky-smoky bacon.



Just perfect for your lunch!
Before my burger, I had a frisee salad with pouched egg. I am not a fan of pouched egg on top of my greens, but this time I actually liked it.
Small but very tasty garnish for this salad is pancetta. The salad has a beautiful presentation, and taste delicious. Once again, this was not my first experience in “Central”, but I have not had a bad experience at this restaurant yet.


Management is definitely know how to bring the right message to their customers, so they always will come back and have a great time. I was setting at the bar, and my server was very nice not bothering, but had great intuition if I need anything additional for my meal or more wine. The whole experience in “Central" was superb. I will go there again to make my day special and colorful.







No comments:

Post a Comment