Thursday, June 24, 2010

On the Border 3.2


Continuing exploring the Woodbridge area. This time it is the restaurant, “On the Border”.
This Sunday on Father’s Day, we went there for lunch. Restaurant was very busy. However, the host sat us right away and brought us couple of glasses of ice water.




The menu was full of good and attractive food pictures, and was begging us to order. We did not have much time, for the reason of that I needed to go to work that day.


So, my son had his first corn dog, I order lunch deal $6.99 for 2, which were a cup of tortilla soup and 2 empanadas. In general, love these Mexican dishes. As far as drinks, we order Margaritas; the traditional way to feel comfortable in Mexican restaurant. It was delicious. In fact, the best Margarita I have ever tried! Moreover, a big plate of chips and salsa arrived on our table very quickly. The chips were home made, and salsa was very good.






I was considering the fact that restaurant is busy, and the expected food will arrive after 20 min or latter. Nevertheless, this was not the case. We got our food fairly soon. I liked my soup a lot. It had a very nice flavor, and consistency.

My empanadas were Ok. Not to big, but this is not the point. Just something not enough, maybe seasoning; I did not understand what actually was inside, what kind of meat? I ordered beef, but it tasted like chicken. I decided not to ask this question from our server because everything else was very good.
My husband got the same deal but 3 for 8.99. So, he got tamales, tacos, and the same soup. He liked them all. My son was trying corn dog first time, and liked it a lot. We were very full, therefore no dessert this time.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was very alive; music was not too loud, but just perfect. Nice decorations on the walls, typical for the Latin character: bright colors, sombreros, deferent small paintings, were giving specific character to this restaurant. The space itself was full of light and sun shins. I cannot say too much about service. Our server was busy assisting other table. I will give her a break, I know how that is. She still was very nice and held her frustration together.

My rating: I liked it and will comeback with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment