Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cosi 5.3

Last week my boss asked me to pick up a lunch for her meeting from Cosi.


I generally like this place for lunch: reasonable prices, great bread, and fresh ingredients.


This Café have very tasty sandwiches and other full meal items for lunch and dinner.



That day they were very busy. People were waiting for their food up to 40 minutes. Restaurant was operating on very high volume service. I was shocked.


I was thinking that no way I could be on time for my meeting lunch. I had ten orders altogether, plus, walking distance within 10 minutes. I took a risk and placed my order. It included five of salmon salads with dressing on the side, two regular TBM, one Chicken sandwich, and two Crab cake melt sandwiches.



In addition to this order, every food item had a side with it: bread, chips, or baby carrots. Surprisingly, the food did not take too long: 20 minutes or so.



I left the place, and did not even check if the order was fully complete. I came in my office and checked it; the sides were missing. It was a disaster! But, the requirement for salads “dressing on the side” was followed.

That was impressive!



I turned around and went back to the Cosi. Likely, I still had time.

The manager believed me right form the beginning. I got rest of my order, and nobody said a word, or questioned me if I was telling the truth or not.


Overall, I completed my task, even though it was a nightmare for me. Everybody from the meeting was happy with his or her lunch.



I had a Crabcake Melt sandwich, and was not too happy about the meal. There was not too much crabmeat, and sandwich has not been made with great effort. My understanding of this fact was that they were literally swamped.



I visit Cosi often for lunch, and will continue doing that. Restaurants have busy and slow days in a year.



The food in Cosi is still great and the customer service too. Great place for lunch: fast, delicious, and very affordable prices.





1 comment: