Thursday, July 22, 2010

PF Chang's 7.2

Yesterday, I had a lunch at another chain restaurant “PF Changs” this is sort of fancy chinese restaurant.



They want to have this status, but I do not think that they actually can qualify. I do not visit this place often.


And this time I schedule lunch there with one of my friend, who I have not seen for good 2 years. We were communicating by phone, but very rarely. P.F. Changs is not a fast food restaurant, and had a dinning service.

So, it was very convenient for both of us to meet there for lunch.

For lunch this restaurant offering Lunch bowl special.
There six to eight different items you can choose, including hot and sour or egg drop soup. All that for $9.99. Good deal, ah!



I asked for glass of red wine, SIMI Merlot from Sonoma County, CA. Our server had no idea what I am talking about. He asked me 3 times, what kind of wine I would like, and finally I just showed it on the menu.



I am not trying to be difficult, but if you are salling the wine, and trying to qualify for a fine dining restaurant, make sure you know the product you are serving. Otherwise, it is a shame! The pour was 7 to 8 ounces. This is absolutely unacceptable in fine dining restaurants. Your pour should be 4 to 5 ounces. This is a classic pour. And why? Because it is easier to swirl your glass and bring more oxygen into your wine, in order to get more aromas and flavor. So, this fact is not sophisticated.


The restaurant was busy for Wednesday lunch. We got our food in 30 minutes, which is understandable in this case. I ordered Sesame Chicken Bowl and hot and sour soup. The lunch portion was ok, not athentic Chinese.




Usually, Chinese food, is chip and a bpg portion. Because of the cost of ingredients are not expensive at all. So, we had a gallon of wine, and not a lot of food. I am ok with this fact, but other people might not be fine with it.



One time I tryed there tuna tartare. That was good: very fresh, no smell from the fish, great wasaby dressing.


Another think that I liked about this place is that host gave me opportunity to choose the table where I want to sit. This was very nice.




In addition, by the end of our meal, we got fortune cookies. This was fun! I liked this part. The interior in the restaurant I fine. Inside is dark, and nothing special about design of bar area.



So, we had mediocre lunch experience. I am definitely not putting this restaurant at the same level as fine dining. Now, you know why I am not a regular customer in this restaurant.



Try this restaurant yourself, may be you will have luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment