Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Macaroni Grill 5.1

Last Saturday my family and I had lunch at Macaroni Grill in Woodbridge area. I like to visit this place. I remember when I just got in to the US this restaurant was my favorite. I loved their warm home made bread and very tasty and reasonable priced Chianti .




This time Macaroni grill was a disappointment. I noticed that right from my first look at the menu items. They raised their prices but lower the quality of the food they offer. I am Ok to pay a couple of bucks more, but in the reasonable contents. As a restaurant owner, I know exactly that you cannot compromise on a quality of food you serve in order to make money.


First, about food. I ordered Seafood Linguini; my son had a pizza, and my husband ordered Penne Rustica.

The dishes were not looking the same as they looked last time I was there.
For my Seafood Linguini I got 2 mussels, 2 clams, maybe 1 scallop cut in 4 peaces, couple of shrimps, and not very good pasta. Dish was not seasoned properly; there was no flavor from shellfish or scallops. I will not order this menu item again.



The pizza for my son was Ok too. The pizza crust was not the best; cheese was regular -mozzarella. My son liked it, and that was important for me. My husband always ordering Penne Rustica in Macaroni Grill. I have not tasted it, but he said that it was not great either.



Our service was good. The restaurant was not full, but had many servers on the floor.

We got their wonderful loaf of freshly baked herb bread and olive oil very quickly.


I love the ambience in this restaurant. Very cozy, warm and welcoming.


The open kitchen, the brick walls and wine cellar give this place unique and lovely look. The atmosphere is very relaxing. I hope they will change their food ingredients, and everything will start run again, like in old times.










No comments:

Post a Comment